What is a Welcome Dive?
Prior to any boat diving activities, all divers, regardless of experience and level, will do a Welcome dive from shore. If you have a dive buddy you may dive with your buddy, if not you will join a guided Welcome dive.
Reasoning behind the welcome dive:
- Your safety;
- Test your equipment and weights;
- Get acquainted with the Curacao diving environment;
- Enjoy your boat diving and be relaxed with all the above;
- Based on date of last dive and total number of dives we might request you take a short refresher course.
When do you offer the Dolphin Dive?
Dolphin Boat Dives are offered on Mondays and Thursdays at 8:30 AM
Please note that :
- Dolphin Boat Dives are for Certified divers only;
- A Welcome dive is mandatory prior to this boat dive.
What Kind of Boat Diving Trips do you offer?
- 2-tank boat diving every morning to scheduled dive sites;
- 1 tank boat diving in the afternoon to beginner dive sites;
- Special boat diving trips to:
What Kind of Snorkel Trips do you offer?
We offer daily snorkel trips to dive sites that are suitable for snorkeling and diving:
- Boat snorkeling from a 2-tank boat in the morning *
- Boat snorkeling from a 1-tank boat in the afternoon
*only on beginner level diving trips
We also offer snorkel encounters through our Animal Encounters program at Curacao Sea Aquariam. These encounters can be done by anyone who is 8 years or older *.
* Participant should be in possession of a swimming diploma and has to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Group size: max 6 persons
- Minimum age: 8 years
- Duration: +- 30 minutes
- No dive certifications needed
- Snorkel equipment is included in the price
What kind of Boat Dive Packages do you offer?
- 4 days of boat diving:
- 8 boat dives including unlimited shore diving on package days
- 5 days of boat diving:
- 10 boat dives including unlimited shore diving on package days
- 6 days of boat diving:
- 12 boat dives including unlimited shore diving on package days
- 7 days of boat diving:
- 14 boat dives including unlimited shore diving on package days
- Mushroom Forest and East Point/Klein Curacao
- may be included in your dive package with an add-on fee
What are your boat diving departure times?
- Morning 2-tank boat dives:
- departure at 8:30 AM returning at 12:30 PM
- Afternoon 1-tank boat dives:
- departure at 1:45 PM returning at 3:30 PM
- Night boat dive every Tuesday to the Tugboat
- departure at 6:30 PM returning at 9:00PM
- Mushroom Forest:
- departure at 8:30 AM returning at 3:00 PM
- East Point/Klein Curacao
- departure at 8:30 AM, returning at 3:00 PM
Departure times are subject to change.
Please check exact departure times on arrival at your Ocean Encounters Diving facility from which you will be diving:
Why do I have to pay a deposit?
A deposit for diving pre-bookings is required. In order to secure your spot on the dive boat, the entire booking in full in advance will be charged to your credit card. This amount will be credited to your account with Ocean Encounters Diving at the time of check in.
Dolphin Boat Dives are always charged in full and in advance. Deposits are non-transferable and non-refundable.
How do I pay the Deposit?
You may enter your credit card information including expiration date on our secure reservations page. Calling in your credit card details at +5999-461-8131 is possible as well.
Bank/wire transfers are not accepted.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
- Within 14 days of arrival - 25% of the agreed rate;
- Within 3 to 7 days of arrival - 50% of the agreed rate;
- Within 48 hours of arrival - 75% of the agreed rate;
- No shows will be charged in full.
What is included in the Sunscape Curacao diving package?
- Dive equipment is included
- All dives outside Sunscape Curacao premises require additional payment.
- Refresher courses are not included in this package
What kind of Dive Courses do you offer?
How long do Diving Courses take?
- Discover Scuba Diver - half a day
- Scuba Diver - 2 full days from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Open Water Diver - 4 full days from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, starting on Mondays and Thursdays
- Advanced Open Water - 2 full days from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Nitrox EAN - 1 full day of instruction
- EFR and Rescue Diver - 4 full days 8:30 am -4:30 pm
What is the cost of renting dive/snorkel gear and water sports equipment?
- Tank and Weights - $11 per day
- Weights - $5 per day
- Full Set of Dive Gear - $45 per day (BCD, regulator, wet suit, mask and fins)
- BCD - $15 per day
- Regulator - $15 per day
- Mask, Snorkel, Fins - $17 per day
Prices are excluding 9% sales tax and are subject to change.
Please contact us at